About Unye Cement
Unye Cimento Sanayii ve Ticaret A.S (Unye Cement Industry and Trade Inc.) was incorporated on May 28, 1969 in the district of Unye in Ordu in order to produce clinker and cement. Unye Cement, which started to operate under the company, incorporated by Turkiye Cimento Sanayii T.A.S. (Turkiye Cement Industry and Trade Inc.) and Armed Forces Pension Fund (OYAK), each holding 40% of the shares, and the real persons holding 20% of the shares, and performed its first cement production on May 27, 1974.
Unye Cement, having the installed capacity of 600.000 tons/year of cement, has reached up to 1.5 million tons/year of clinker production capacity and 2.6 million tons/year of cement production capacity following its capacity increase, improvement and modernization activities, to which it has attached importance since its incorporation.
All types of cement, produced in the plants of Unye Cement, have obtained the Certificate of Constancy of Performance.
- Production and managerial activities of the company are carried out in the central facility located in Unye. A considerable part of the total sales are performed by the central facility. Marine logistics for domestic and international sales is performed through Unye Port, just beside the production plant, which the Company enjoys the privileged right to use.
- Cement Filling and Packaging Plant, starting to operate in Rize/Cayeli in 1999, has 22.000 tons of cement stocking capacity. The Plant has its own port and ship unloading equipment. The Plant provides service for the projects in the extreme points of the Eastern Black Sea region.
- Cement Filling and Packaging Plant, starting to operate in Mangalia Port in Romania in 2009, has 8.000 tons of cement stocking capacity. Mangalia Port, used publicly, and the ship unloading equipment of the facility are available in the border of the plant. The Plant, selling bulk and bag cement in the Romanian and Bulgarian markets, is a door to the European Union for Unye Cement.
- M/V UNYE CEM 1 pneumatic ship, operating since 2013, is an environment friendly ship with 4.200 tons of bulk cement carrying capacity, and also it is the only ship equipped with the closed unloading system in our country. It performs shipment to the Filling and Packaging Plants and to the domestic and international markets. It can perform continuous bulk cement discharge under all kinds of weather conditions.
The shares of Unye Cimento Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. (Unye Cement Industry and Trade Inc.), have been traded on the Yildiz Market in BORSA ISTANBUL with the symbol of UNYEC since May 11, 1990. The Company is the highest tax payer with respect to Corporate Tax in Ordu each year, and is one of the 500 large industrial enterprises in Turkey.
In line with the vision, mission and values of OYAK, which is our main shareholder;
To become an esteemed, leader and reliable company developing areas of cement use, playing an efficient role in global markets.
To work effectively, efficiently and with high-level sense of responsibility by showing respect to the society and environment, and to ensure sustainable profitability.
Creativity / Transparency / Trustworthiness / Respect Towards People and Environment / Customer and Personnel Satisfaction / Perfection / Competitiveness / Credibility / OYAK Culture
Details of the Plant
- LOCATION: Unye
- DATE OF ESTABLISHMENT: 1969
- DATE OF PARTICIPATION IN OYAK: 1969
- SHARE OF OYAK CEMENT INC.: 51,33%
- FIELD OF ACTIVITY: Production and Sales of Clinker and Cement